Poem: In the Reflection of You


This Poem I wrote in memory of my Mother who’s Birthday is today August 25th.


            (Picture of my Mom and myself in late 90’s)

In the Reflection of You


When I fell on the pavement you picked me up and treated my wounds so it will heal
When there was pain that I felt, your healing hands placed on me is how relief came to be
When my heart was broken by others actions, you shared your memories to comfort me
When life experiences came with sorrow, you wiped my tears for you knew that joy will follow
When I was lost you grasped  my hand and informed me of a better tomorrow 

How blessed I have been to share my life with such a wonderful person as you
The most grateful gift for me was to be a part of you, in the Reflection of you

When confusion came in mysterious ways, your wisdom cleared my path so clarity will follow
When struggles came my way due to choices made, you gave of yourself to ease the battles
When you saw others treating  me wrongly, you corrected me, so I will be more aware and wiser
When there were divine signs that were unseen to me, you turned the light so it won’t be distorted 

How blessed was I to have such a pure loving, compassionate and righteous person in my journey
The most wonderful gift granted to me is God choosing you for my mother

When my vows were broken and my spirit deflated, you opened your arms welcoming back home
When you saw me work hard to bring balance into my life yet the light I couldn’t find, you embraced me while gently guiding me 
When doubts were filled in my mind from my life experiences , you reminded me of all my blessings
When I was confused on the women I wanted to be, you kept letting me know that I am valuable being 

How blessed was I to be the person that I have become today in a major part because of you
The most important fact in my life is that In the Reflection of You, I remain to be loving and honest 
I strive to continue to be this person even though you are no longer physically present, for as your daughter your beautiful spark lives within me….

By: Maria Elena Padron written on 8/24/23

**Than you Miami for the life you shared with me and even though my desire was to have more time with you, I still feel blessed that I did have you for 42 years of my life.  Thank you for still watching over all of us and for leaving the perfect blueprint of being a great person to others and one of the best mothers.
You also chose a great husband to be the father of your children to complete our world with pure Love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addictions - Not Always Noticed

The Cries of the Body

Fallen